Saturday, December 1, 2012

For the Love of Literature

My mother and I hosted a baby shower for my brother, and as lovers of children's literature, we decided to do a storybook theme. 

My mom found the most adorable invitations on Tiny Links.  Check them out!  She also got matching thank you notes for the couple.

I made a book plate that we printed on mailing labels, and included one with each invitation.  We asked that in lieu of a card guests gave their favorite story book.  I chose Alice in Wonderland for the label, because that is a favorite of the mother-to-be.

Baby Shower Book Plate

We were so surprised that there was only one duplicate book!  This little girl is going to have a great library.


One of my favorite details at the shower was our storybook lantern.  The pages came from beautiful books we got from the dollar store!  After a lot of hot glue and cutting, our masterpiece was complete!
Baby Shower Lantern
My mom is an amazing baker, and she made over a hundred large cupcakes for the shower.  Of course, they had a storybook theme.

Baby Shower Cupcake Display

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Tiramisu Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting

Vegan Coconut Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting

Carrot Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting

    
Limoncello Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Limoncello Frosting
I adore the chandelier cupcake stand my mom found at Home Goods!


Milk Bottle Centerpiece
Our centerpieces were made with old books and antique milk jugs.  I was unable to capture the true beauty of the table set-up.  Each of the milk jugs had a page from a Disney book Mod Podged around the bottle. 

Gift Table

Bootie Clothes Line
For our gift table, we made a ribbon clothesline attached to branches from the yard.  The base is a pillar from Hobby Lobby.  We attached little socks and booties across the line with nursery rhymes pinned in between.  These photos are from before the guests arrived.

Bookworm Party Favor 
Finally, we decorated small bags and filled them with pink and green gummy worms.  We made bookmarks that thanked everyone for attending.

Storybook Baby Shower


My mom should've been an event planner.  We were all very impressed to see her vision come alive.  I hope to get better photos emailed to me soon, and will share the details I left out!

No comments:

Post a Comment